Makes: 18 x 5 g tubes| Prep time: < 10 min.
1/4 Cup Cocoa Butter
1/4 Cup Coconut oil
1/4 Cup Beeswax
10 drops of Young Living Peppermint essential oils
18 x Lip balm Tubes
Click on the underlined items to add supplies to your shopping cart and have what you need delivered straight to your door! Australia wide Shipping and free postage options available.
METHOD - Double Boiler
1. Set up the double boiler: Pour 2 to 3 inches of water into the bottom pot and about 1 inch of water into the upper pot.
Heat until the water in the top pot is steaming.
2. Add the cocoa butter, beeswax, and coconut oil to a glass measuring pitcher, and gently place the pitcher into the steaming water of the upper pot. Stir the ingredients continually until they are fully melted.
3. Once the contents of the measuring pitcher are melted and combined, remove the pitcher from the warm water and carefully dry the outside of the pitcher with a paper towel.
4. Add the peppermint essential oil to the mixture and stir.
5. Line up the lip balm tubes on a sheet of parchment paper. With a steady hand, carefully pour the mixture directly from the measuring pitcher into each tube, filling it all the way to the rim. Be sure to do this step right away, while the mixture is hot
and fully melted.
If the mixture starts to cool (you will know because it will begin setting and will be difficult to work with), simply place the measuring pitcher back into the hot water in the upper pot to re-melt the gel.